Browse Items (158 total)

  • Tags: Business

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/c977c821eee55ccef7b8afd83a677d1f.jpg
Black and white photo of Jacobsen's Power Motors. This business was located on the current site of a small park, next to Calhoun Hall. You can see a bit of the berm to the reservoir which was replaced by the Pathmark, now Acme parking lot to the…

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/0c11b38e2c71b122977eb2c58c72b91e.jpg
Undated photo of GP's Rib 'N Grill, located at Pershing Road and Boulevard East (today's Charrito's Restaurant). Built in 1895, but frequently remodeled, it has also been called Van Clief's Hotel, Farley's Hotel, Silver Fox, among other names. From…

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/20ee14f2340b4f61943d7bef463271b7.jpg
Black and white undated photo looking north across the waterfront, railroads and ferry terminal towards the Pier 7 Grain Elevator in West New York. The elevator, built in 1905 for the West Shore line of the NYCRR, had a capacity of 2 million bushels…

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/92a328b6324bc882f13651b1146077ae.jpg
From the collection of the Weehawken Historical Commission.

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/33d7a0a5434bea0e2035673ced888e1b.jpg
Seen from Hamilton Plaza in the 1950s, New York Central Railroad's Pier K with its distinctive water tower was a longtime fixture on the waterfront. Situated between the banana pier and Union Dry Dock, it served trains, trucks, barges and ships. The…

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/d297ad623181b5e4bed2c44dced5c59a.jpg
Undated black and white photo (circa 1915) of the Van Clief Hotel at Pershing Road and Boulevard East. Note the Clifton Hose Co. headquarters in the distance. from the collection of the Weehawken Historical Commission.

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/9b817035afc04a7e09d9f77b86059990.jpg
This metal tag identifies The Genuine Wiehawken Laundry Tub. The tubs were manufactured of cement and granite from crushed traprock, by the Peerless Granite Co. of Weehawken. Image courtesy of Wayne Lavoie.

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/d8a8bab58a4ebe6c64e84d36b3ed0764.jpg
This advertisement for the patented Gym Junior Complete Home Gym, made right here in Weehawken, ran in the December, 1930 issue of Popular Science Magazine. Thanks to Gio Ahmad for sending this athletic image in!

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/0fad068e3d7d7de754e33a954c852733.jpg
This black and white photograph, donated by Carol Cordes, shows a group of people (unknown who) in front of The Little Brewery, located at Shippen and West Streets in West Hoboken. The Little Brewery was owned by Rudolph Heinrich and was the birth…

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/d33d30ac26c9b3a9ce9bc1483d4214ee.jpg
This advertisement appeared in the West Hoboken 50th Anniversary Journal issued in 1911. International Hall, 217 Hackensack Plank Road Frank C. Gerbel, Proprietor Wines, liquors and bottled beer delivered free