Browse Items (158 total)

  • Tags: Business

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/d66daad7ae63ed0b902c246f95496dc8.jpg
Business card of August Kaiser, proprietor of a restaurant at 307 Park Avenue, which was located just south of the old town hall, and just north of the Shippen Street stairs.

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/69e84c7ba05ec77c56ade61f427cc688.jpg
Black and white photo postcard of the roadhouse at the intersection of Boulevard East and Pershing Road. The hotel and restaurant was built in 1895 by Simon Kelly, then Mayor of Weehawken. It was used as headquarters for the Hudson County Democratic…

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/c5267306aa47a1afdbdc42278f1af05b.jpg
Matchbook from Eddies Tavern, located at 4926 Park Avenue Specializing in every kind of stomach bitters for every kind of stomach!

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/24d6193580da5b880d2eed6616d30263.jpg
Hand colored photo postcard of the castle-like crematory, located in North Bergen, NJ. Postmarked November 29, 1914 from Weehawken. Published by the Union News Company, New York.

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/0cb4f12abd66b65f3e663da45ed2891f.jpg
Matchbook from Hillside Grill, which was located at 303 Park Avenue. "Where good fellows get together - Dining and Dancing"

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/03526ace70f9485b9e1ee1eda4cc2345.jpg
Matchbook from Shanghai Red's, which was located on Pier D-T, at the current site of the Chart House on the Weehawken waterfront. Shanghai Red's opened in 1984, one of the first on the rehabbed waterfront, and burned down on May 24, 1998.

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/4a2de220423a78bfe755ea64b41af5e7.jpg
Color photograph of the bar of the Hudson Tavern, located at 547 Hudson Avenue. Helen Sinsheimer, Proprietor and Walter Dalbey, Manager.

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/926ebe777418987d688ea781314ad327.jpg
Black and white photograph of the Losquardo Coal Corporation, which was run by William Losquadro. It was located on Park Avenue behind Dykes Lumber at 19th Street and was in business until the late 1980s. Along with coal and fuel oil delivery, it…

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/6db9979f9b7e2fbf9233bab23cf4be7f.jpg
Black and white photograph of gas station, located at 612 Boulevard East, the site of current day Speedway Gas, just north of the first Weehawken exit coming off of the westbound helix. Henry Muller started his business in 1925 with a single and…

Tags:

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/4bcdf6b4ab03c4a58fdf00017fdf56a0.jpg
A black and white postcard photo of an institution that Weehawkenites were just dying to get into. Actually located at 4101 Kennedy Boulevard in North Bergen, NJ. Was originally Becker's Castle, enlarged in 1907. Currently called Garden State…