Browse Items (37 total)

  • Tags: Park Avenue

Demolition of the Hackensack Water Company Reservoir Number 1
Three undated black and white photos (circa early 1980s) showing the later phases of the demolition of the reservoir and gate house, which were located at Park Avenue and 40th Street (the site of today's Acme parking lot). These photos are from the…

Clifton Terrace and Park Avenue in 1900
This black and white photograph from the collection of the Weehawken Historical Commission shows what the intersection of Clifton Terrace and Park Avenue looked like in 1900.

L. Linnewerth's Steam Brewery, Weehawken
This appears to be a label or advertisement from L. (Louis) Linnewerth's Steam Brewery. According to the information filed with this item in the collection of the Weehawken Historical Commission, the item dates from the early 1880s. The brewery was…

Baseball Players at Memorial Day Parade - 1955
Black and white photo from 1955. The Time Machine user who sent in this photo tells us..."This photo shows the Memorial Day Parade in 1955. It was taken on Park Avenue opposite the Lincoln Tunnel entrance. You can see the former town hall in the…

Jacobsen's Power Mowers
Black and white photo of Jacobsen's Power Motors. This business was located on the current site of a small park, next to Calhoun Hall. You can see a bit of the berm to the reservoir which was replaced by the Pathmark, now Acme parking lot to the…

Bill - Gallagher's Market
This vintage 1972 bill is from Gallagher's Market, which was then located at 4114 Park Avenue, on the south corner of Park Avenue and Liberty Street. Thanks to Willie Demontreux of the Weehawken Historical Commission for this image.

North Hudson Hospital, Park Avenue, Weehawken
Colored photo postcard showing the North Hudson Hospital some time around the turn of the 20th century. The hospital was located on Park Avenue, between Clifton and Columbia Terraces.

Bulls Ferry Road, Union Hill, NJ
View looking south down Bulls Ferry Road (today's Park Avenue) towards the Water Tower. Postmarked September 28, 1909 from Hoboken. From the collection of Marianne Wuillamey.

Match Book - Fred's Confectionery
This matchbook advertises Fred's Confectionery, located at 4220 Park Avenue. They apparently sold ice cream and they aimed to please.

Bull's Ferry Road North of Jefferson Street Union Hill NJ
Black and white undivided photo postcard of Park Avenue (then called Bull's Ferry Road) looking north from Jefferson Street. The water tower is in the distance. Published by A. Freirich of Demarest, NJ, undated.