Brown Mansion, Clifton Park, NJ

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/074a762c9bc7bceaa1fb171e17c6420e.jpg
http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/384d7e276c3f76522f31435e79ce7c62.jpg

Title

Brown Mansion, Clifton Park, NJ

Subject

WHC185

Description

A black and white photo postcard of the mansion of James Brown, principal of the Brown Brothers Bank in New York City. After Brown's death, the house was converted to a church, first as an outpost of the Grove Reformed Church on Kennedy Boulevard in North Bergen, then a Christian Science Church and is currently part of the Shree Swaminarayan Hindu Temple on Louisa Place. The mansion portion of the current building is the oldest extant building in Weehawken, having been built circa 1836. Postmarked August 31, 1909 from Weehawken.

Date

1909

Type

PC

Identifier

WHC185

Coverage

Louisa Place,Weehawken, NJ [40.77633429999999,-74.0153404]

Social Bookmarking

Geolocation

Citation

“Brown Mansion, Clifton Park, NJ,” The Weehawken Time Machine, accessed October 21, 2021, https://weehawkentimemachine.omeka.net/items/show/2577.