Electric Ferry Advertising Ink Blotter
According to a New York Times article, the Electric Ferry ceased operating from Weehawken on August 1, 1943 after 17 years of operation staring in 1926. The Weehawken boats were moved to the Edgewater-125th Street run.
While it was called the Electric Ferry, these boats actually derived their power from diesel engines which produced electricity to spin the propellers.
Fading Ad Blog