Two photographs of Van Clief's Hotel

http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/091076fa16a92d64ea955ec5914d267e.jpg
http://www.weehawkenhistory.us/timemachine/files/original/defc533d50abc2ad6edfb6e04eb025bf.jpg

Title

Two photographs of Van Clief's Hotel

Description

Two black and white photographs of Van Clief's Hotel, at the intersection of Boulevard East, Pershing Road and 47th Street. Note the trolley heading down Pershing to the West Shore Ferry Terminal and Clifton Hose Co. #3, located in what is now Old Glory Park.

Note the patriotic bunting on the second photo, along with the name of the restaurant on the gable.

This building, built circa 1895, has been a restaurant for over 100 years and is currently called Charittos, a Mexican restaurant.

Date

1915-1920

Type

Photograph

Identifier

WH00109

Social Bookmarking

Citation

“Two photographs of Van Clief's Hotel,” The Weehawken Time Machine, accessed September 18, 2021, https://weehawkentimemachine.omeka.net/items/show/3560.